Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Goats graze at Sunnyvale landfill to prevent fires

Goats graze at Sunnyvale landfill to prevent fires
Hundreds of goats are grazing on a closed Sunnyvale landfill as part of an annual tradition to prevent summer grassfires at a location that has seen its fair share of fires in the past.

I knew all I had to do was to leave the city and the goats would come- ;)
All my life I lived in the Bay Area- No goats in my life- Moved to Az in 1990 and began raising goats shortly thereafter- 16 yrs later- Goats in Sunnyvale,which is just where I moved from. Go figure!

3 Comments:

Blogger hari said...

Where are you in AZ? I am near Phoenix and wouldlove to see you goats.

2:00 AM  
Blogger GetYerGoat said...

I left Az in 1999 and came to MO- I would give anything not to have moved- but it was building up around me and .. well- here I am, smack in the middle of MO. I miss Az alot! I was in Rimrock, 100 miles N of Phoenix.

2:49 AM  
Blogger hariamrit said...

We too areleaving AZ. in 3 weeks. It is so crowded I can hardly get 3 blocks without traffic. we are moving to middle TN to a small farm communitee. I hvae lived there years ago and it is mostly the same where we are going.

We used to live in Flagstaff when it was small town. I was up there a couple years ago and almost cried at what ahs happened there. I guess nothing stays the same.

I only hope it stays rural where I am going

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home